King Introduces Substitute Amendment to CR
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Steve King released the following statement after introducing his substitute amendment to the Continuing Resolution (CR) that would set the discretionary budget at the $1.04 trillion level and would include the defunding of fourteen major provisions:
“It is the obligation of Congress to work towards balancing the budget and to restore its Article I constitutional authority.” said King. “My substitute amendment to the CR would accomplish both by setting the discretionary budget at the $1.04 trillion level, a $30 billion reduction from the current level, and defunding the fourteen following provisions:
1. Defund President Obama’s unconstitutional amnesty programs for illegal aliens, chiefly DACA, DAPA and the Morton memos.
2. Defund Obamacare in its entirety as if it had never been enacted.
3. Defund the President’s attempt to bring potentially dangerous refugees into the U.S.
4. Defund the President’s unconstitutional agency guidance dealing with trans-gender bathrooms in schools.
5. Defund the Department of Labor’s Overtime Rule.
6. Defund the Environmental Protection Agency’s overreaching and invasive Waters Of The United States definition.
7. Defund the Department of Labor’s Fiduciary Rule.
8. Defund the Clean Power Plan Rule.
9. Block any federal funding from going to Planned Parenthood.
10. Defund the President’s Iran Nuclear Deal, one of the most dangerous proposals of our time.
11. Defund any and all executive action that upholds policy products of the COP21 Conference agreement.
12. Defund executive enforcement of the Obergefell Supreme Court decision.
13. Defund Dodd-Frank in its entirety.
14. Defund Internet domain transfer.
With an imminent Trump presidency, Congress can finally fulfill the promises we made to our constituents to balance an out of control budget filled with unconstitutional provisions and fight for the American people.”
To view the original text of the amendment, click here.